Friday, May 9, 2008

Things, Other

If you see something pretty, and then it vanishes, was it ever really there?
And: should you try and get it back?

Also: If you are overwhelmed, and the bus is about 3 hours late, what is there to do? In the castles of your mind? (Although, ever since I read Hannibal, I have avoided constructing any mental artistry. Sadly, it's just too creepy now. So. The question then is: should I stop the reading?)


An insight:
Much like an ADD sufferer, often, I pay too much attention to the wrong things.

I have always wanted to navigate by the stars.
It seems so luxurious a hobby, so pointless a skill to have, so poignantly romantic. Imagine! Looking up at the stars and knowing exactly where you are in this world!

Wouldn’t that be a feeling?

2 comments:

I Am Eden said...

I often find that the pretty things in life are meant to just pass you by-because you can FIND pretty things every day so long as you just look inside your heart..

Listen Taylor said...

Ah but, the human heart?
Is the most fragile, ugliest thing of all.