Sunday, May 4, 2008

Coloured Hair and Cornered Hearts

What is disappointment? Who disappoints you?
Constantly, there is a dripping in my gut, like slow, muddied water.

T.H. White said, Perhaps we all give the best of our hearts uncritically? To those who hardly think of us in return.
(and the punctuation? is my own.)

I coloured my hair last night. It never turns out, like on the packet? That’s okay though, because I was prepared.
So now my hair looks like chocolate frosting, laced with dew.

Because? It’s my heart you’re taking. It’s my heart you’re breaking. And—

if I can find a lyricist who poeticises the strange blankness that fills my veins, and empties the crowd that bickers and bites inside my mind, then, and that is how,
I will know love.

2 comments:

I Am Eden said...

Taylor, the only thing that can really disappoint is oneself..

Listen Taylor said...

This is not true.
Disappointment is inherent to the expectation.
So Expectation is that which Disappoints.
To Not Disappoint:
Must we have: No Expectations?
A quandary.