Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Why Even Bother?

Why does the film of Where The Wild Things Are look so sad? I would love to make films, but what would I do if they turned out to be sad ones? I don't really like watching sad films, so I can only imagine how I would cope were I to actually make them.
But of course, I would not make them. Because I have no film-making skills.
Girls only want boys with Skills, remember?
I can't remember reading the book, anyway, and I am glad that I can't remember reading it if it too is so immutably sad. (I have started using words in wrong places, like everyone else, now. It disappoints me, but que sera sera.)(Actually, no, but writing is painful now, like sticking tacks in my thumbs.)
Susannah Clarke needs to publish again, soon. I am waning away in this literary fog.
So. Who's hungry?

No comments: