My mother: "This, Taylor, is where people live." (We were driving through the country.)
Yesterday, Belle: "His pants totally clash with his hair."
Yesterday was a day of most fitful surprises! Now, I am a true sucker for surprises. I never suspect a thing (it is purposeful work this, not giving way to the anticipation) and therefore allow myself to feel the full force of Surprise! My eyebrows have an entire expression to themselves, in most of these cases. But enough of that!
The fact was, that yesterday, we sped down roads with our hearts in our mouths and hounds on our tails! We could feel the beat of their howling shuddering in our spines! We'd swallowed our stomachs! (Also, the whole noise of the affair was so loud we could barely hear ourselves think.)
Belle mourned the loss of her car, in light of this most extraordinary of circumstances.
It was trial which we endured, and at the end, there were glorious rewards.
One of them was called Adam, and he was really quite the charmer.
It was brilliant!
Also, I met Nicole, who has porcelain skin and lives at the top of a tower! Her laughter is soft, like dew on fresh buds. She was hospitable and gracious and it appears to be that I seek these people out, these faraway people of secret islands and beds in trees, and feather them (gently) into the lanes of my life. If this is true, then I hope it will always be the case.
Oxford Street is a funny place. Every time I go there I learn something new. I find something new. Every single time.
It glitters, that place, like a fairy island lost in the seas of time and space.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nicole sounds like a gem, cherish her greatly.
Did you know i like to take the bus? I put on my ipod and stare out of the window and my thoughts turn to happy sunny places where unicorns run around and a wise cracking owl tells me a few facts of life, i sit under a waterfall and then realise im staring at the rain!
Dammit i missed my stop!
Post a Comment