Belle and I met.
We sat under a velvet sky, and played cards in grass greener than envy. And the cards spoke, and the things they said were shocking, and true.
As though on cue, the wind threw the Shout Out Louds Please Please Please over us, like a shroud. The wind flicked her ashen hair, and the hem of her dress caught the song and danced.
Two gypsies were we, once again, drunk with promise. No one could trace our steps, no one would know the shapes we carved into the air, as though we were masters of John Uskglass' magic, his old alliances of wind and earth and rain and fire.
The world is ours, again.
Also, Belle wore a pair of red Converse, which I must remind myself to purchase.
One thing I forgot to mention, in some of the earlier texts, was my fascination with A.C. Grayling. Surely the man must be proud, to furnish a book with his most private opinions?
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Belle sounds wonderful-I am looking forward to meeting her, though be careful Taylor to not wear you heart on your sleeve.
A.C.Grayling is a man of great intelligence and yes I think he is very proud of his musings.
Post a Comment