Friday, March 28, 2008

Facts about France

I bought lots of make up today. It’s mineral make up, so I feel justified. Mineral make up is supposed to be very good for your skin, and has good coverage etc. My skin gets very shiny, without makeup, as if it’s excited to be out and about. So the make up is necessary, to make my eyes bigger, and to restrain the eagerness of my skin.
I bought it from the Internet, at everydayminerals.com
It is American mineral make up. I don’t know if this makes a difference. Is it better?
Andy called me earlier today and said he’s meeting Troy for a coffee. I said, ‘Oh, really?’ and changed the subject.
But of course I really want to know.
My sister asked me to write down some Facts About France.
She is studying French at school, and lately I have been doing a lot of her homework. The other day, I wrote down some facts for her about Time Travel. I also copied down the Facts About France and sent them to Eden, in England. I don’t know what she thinks about them, as she hasn’t sent a letter back yet.
My sister liked the facts, however.
Here are some Facts About France:

Founded in 709, the French abbey Mont St-Michel has been described as “the most wonderful Gothic building ever made for God on this earth.”

Champagne is an exclusive signature of France. Alcohol can only be labelled as ‘champagne’ if it is made from grapes grown in the Champagne region of Northern France.

France takes its name from the Franks, a Germanic people that invaded the former Roman colony of Gaul, in the fifth century. An independent French kingdom didn’t exist until 843.

French fries (or pommes frites in French) are believed to have originated in Belgium, but the ‘French’ label probably originated from references made by Thomas Jefferson, to the well established French version he encountered during his period there as US Ambassador.

Every year, some 15 million people turn up to watch the Tour de France.

Thirteen French writers have won the Nobel Prize for literature—more than any other nation.

No comments: