I am looking for a job. I applied at a bookshop. Hopefully they will call me. Here are my fingers crossed: -- crossed fingers
I learnt from reading Joanne Harris that crossing your fingers is actually a folksy ward from evil motives or spirits. As in: similar to touching wood.
Andy called and told me about Coffee with Troy.
I pretended not to be very interested.
According to Stephen R. Covey, I am never going to be successful in my life, due to all my pretension. I must have integrity in order to be able to administrate an effective life!
This thought chills me. Surely it would be inappropriate to admit how deeply interested I am in all the facts about Troy’s life?
This is what Andy told me:
Troy is doing very well at university, and enjoying it a lot. He’s made lots of new friends, and goes to parties every night at the college. He is still cheating on his girlfriend, who has moved to the city. I have often wondered if I’ll ever meet her, this mysterious woman. What will I say? Nothing, probably. Surely I will be too awed. I have seen pictures, so I know what to expect.
Troy also crashed his car recently.
This is yet another thing he will now have in common with Maddie.
I have never crashed anything, in my life.
This may be because I have never driven anything in my life. Or, it may not be. Stephen R. Covey frowns on making assumptions.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment